Wednesday, December 21, 2005

D*Face - Hooliganism with Class

Graffiti has come a very long way. I am not even sure that this guy wouldn’t slap me for calling his work “graffiti.” Interesting stuff. I have always liked the idea of making visual art with temporary mediums. Sidewalk art, graffiti, tagging, etc. It seems very postmodern to me. You know, taking art away from the academy and high society and putting it out in to the streets…out in to the hands of the people, the hoi polloi.

I like this guy’s work. Check it out (www.dface.co.uk), be inspired. But if you are inspired to make your own graffiti, understand that Johnny Law calls this “vandalism,” and he will be angry with you if you get caught. If you DO get caught, don’t blame it on me. I am just a country preacher who doesn’t know any better.

No comments: