Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Blooooooog

So I'm back, for those of you who have been reading, my commitment to blogging as been waning in the last few months. Small church ministry has a way of throwing unexpected little “surprises” at you every now and again. Long story short…I had neither the time and the energy to tippity-tap on my keyboard over the last two months. Such is life.

But now I am back with a healthy dose of vim and vigor as well as a new perspective on blogging. What is that perspective? Well, I used to blog for therapy. You know, exorcise my demons in cyberspace. A kind of private conversation with myself, with only the random, unknown person ever reading what I typed.

But apparently there are quite a few people who read what I write, and want to read more. They actually care about what I say. I had one person tell me that he learns from me on a regular basis. Imagine that…someone learning from me. This is a new experience for me, one that I am trying to handle gracefully. It just blows my mind that I would actually be able to influence the spiritual lives of other people.

That is why I am blogging again, not as much for therapy (though I think I still need a bunch), but for other people. Maybe you will be one of them.

But I doubt it.

No comments: